Saturday, April 26, 2008

Today's ride...for our good friend, Caleb

Sup, Caleb? Today's ride was conducted in your honor. 50 miles of wet, cold gravel so I could get these pictures for you:

So cool they named a whole town after him. You are the man, Caleb!

This road seemed like just as bad an idea when I reached the other end as it looked from here.



The Lemond will never be the same...what are those crunchy noises coming out of the drivetrain?





Last weekend was much nicer. 45 miles on the road bike to Crete and back...toasty warm, a rest stop to watch the Doane track meet...delicious turkey and havarti sandwich. Let's get back to that weather, shall we?

2 comments:

millhouse said...

That road looks like fun. I need to get me one of them cyclocross bikes. I keep telling Laura that it will be the best way to stimulate the economy.

Oscar said...

Uncle Sam needs you...buy a cyclocross bike. Your fellow citizens will thank you!

We'll see how a steel bike handles the wet...I took the seatpost out, tipped it upside down and got about a quart of water pouring out. That can't be good.