Monday, July 9, 2007

Can't leave well enough alone...

'Sup, y'all?
I'm a simple dog. I don't ask for much. Three square meals a day...a sneaker to chew on...trips outside to...well, you know...

It's a pretty nice life I've carved out for myself. And yet, the humans just can't leave well enough alone.

Here's what I mean:

That's right...it's a CAT! A cat, I say!!

Want to know how I feel about cats? I'd rather stand on the unstable arm of a moving porch swing than share my space with a cat!

It seems that everyone is calling it "hey, kitty"...I suppose if it's going to stay it should have a name. It keeps hiding from us, so the leading candidate for names is "Heidi." Please put your votes in the comments section and let me know what you think.

In a futile gesture to make up for the indignity, my brother, Roscoe, got to come over and play today. As Tate might say, "I bite you!"...

Do you think that this picture makes my ears look big?

I think I'll go pout in my kennel.

Peace. Out.

PS: If you happen to know a cat, I have a message for it: Fear the Wiener Dog!!




5 comments:

Unknown said...

Moses Here,
Hey Stretch! Do your ears hang low, do they wobble to and fro..oh....am I typing? Sorry bout that....I cant get that song out of my head. Anyway back to the subject at hand......
A CAT? Seriously? A CAT? What are your humans thinking? It looks like Molly and I are at odds over this one. Being the Alpha in the house (right Molly? just this once?) cool...yeah, like I was saying, Being the Alpha dog in the house, I vote for Hissy. As in HISSY FIT!!!!! Molly...stop biting my leg...umm..now where was I. Oh yeah. If you must have a cat in the house, Hissy...yes...Hissy.
Arff for now!

Unknown said...

Yes, Hello little one, It is I, Miss Molly. I am unable to get my fur around the idea of a cat in the house! What is the purpose of a cat? Does it give treats? How about fresh water. I guess if it gives tummy rubs, then that would be justified. Ok, now depending on the personality of this fur ball..if she is like most cats...I think you whould name it "scratch". Or...."naps". Well, speaking of snacks and naps...I need to go get busy....snack, tummy rub, out into the yard, check the perimeter for any signs of intrustions, another snack...then off to bed. Yawn...wears me out just thinking about it.
Ok...to recap..."scratch" or "naps".
Chow for now little man!
Molly

mozart said...

names? names? did someone say names? i like the ring of musical names... how about allegro... fast cat... or is that Fat cat? ding..
or treble... here treble treble...
hmmmm sounds alot like trouble...maybe not so much... i must hit the bed.. i have been herding children all day... coco stays outside and wears me to a frazzle and tate pulls my tail and keeps me running... gracie? i love that girl... she knows how to treat a dog...
gotta go... ???? i am shot...
may the force be with you...
mozart....zzzzzzzz...

Unknown said...

Moses & Molly keep bugging me to get an update for them. Apparently they are hooked. So...I've fulfilled my obligation. Sheesh...nothing worse than a couple of dogs that need their "show".
Thank you for your consideration.

Aunt DeeDee

Unknown said...

Moses and Molly here....There is a stinging silence on your end and growing concern in the ranks of the canines of the family.
One can only assume the cat has attacked you in your sleep, tied you up with your own ears, wrapped you in a hogie bun and left you in a dark and as of yet undiscovered corner of the house. If we dont hear from you soon, we will send in the fly swatter unit based on the north edge of Milford. They are big and stinky and have nothing to lose. Boogie has agreed to lead the charge.
Waiting your timely reply
Aurff Wiedersehen my little lop eared friend.