Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Back in the saddle...

You people have no idea of the kind of pressure I'm under...squirrels to chase, cats to intimidate, a Golden Retriever's bed to steal...And yet, I'm supposed to churn out pithy, witty, human-oriented humor 24/7...it's just too much to ask.

Still, I've been a bit remiss (okay, a lot remiss).
What's new for the Wiener Dog?
Remodel:

The Papa came out and framed in the fireplace. The Dad remembered his old jigsaw puzzle days and slapped some drywall on it...a little tape and a lot of mud can cover up those unsightly gaps!


Outside:
The weather's too nice for a dog to be confined. So, outside we went to work on the landscaping. Only the afficianado's will even notice the difference...still the grass never would grow under that tree (and no, it's not my fault).

Husker State Games:


Just when I think sports season is over and I won't be dragged to anymore hot weather events, it's bike race time again.

Who's more tired...Ian or me?!


Not a bad day's racing...two silvers. Have to leave something to strive for, right?


The race was not without it's attractions for the wiener dog. I met a new friend, Keila.

She's a long hair (no, not a hippy...a long-haired dachsund). We share a birthday even. Go figure.

Just because we're friends doesn't mean we agree on everything:

A guy's got to stand up for what he believes in, right?

Well, it's the big KC weekend. I think I'll be hangin' with my bro, Roscoe...good times, I'm sure. Ride the Mamba for me, little World's o' Fun peeps!

Peace. Out.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Momo here....
Moses, Molly and I were poised and ready to send the swat team in...but alas, your life is more than chasing your own tail.
I, myself, am with M&M and licking a whole new group of feet. I must admit, that BonBon (Arbonne) foot wash DeeDee uses leaves a funky aftertaste. Will have to put my order in for good ol "toejam" with a toilet water chaser.
Apparently, they are on to me, the trash is on the toaster oven, all kitchen chairs are in the living room, bread bags? Chip bags? nothing I tell you, NOTHING! What's an adventure loving dog to do? I am hoping for another stelth operation into a tv dinner. Sheesh! Molly hides her bones, I find them, it's a blast! I love to see her Elvis impression. Grrr yourself you little beast. Moses chases the neighbor dog up and down the fence line like a lune...I am taking notes.
Have I left anything out? Let me see...yawn...I guess we are good. I miss my children. Nothing to herd here but dust bunnies and sleep on DeeDee's head.
Keep the Peace Schnitzel!
Mozart

Unknown said...

Momo here....
I thought you all deserved an update and a little taste of the horror I am living in! I chased critters in the yard. Have the seen the yard? It's HUGE! Who do these people think I am? Robo-pooch? Look at the name will you? Mozart...as in composer....not Thor! Frankly, I'm exhausted. I have managed to uncover 3 months worth of Molly's hidden treasures. A hard days work is somehow so satisfying.
Aunt Dee Dee made a fabulous home made spaghetti sauce, served on Whole Wheat Angel Hair with a shaving of Pecorino Romano and fresh basil chefanaud. How do I know this? Well, lets just say, when the phone rings, humans respond. How convenient. I thought I had gotten away with eating her dinner, but alas, the red beard was a dead give-away. ding. Well, after such a tasty spread, I need a nap, so will sign off for now....Boogie is on his way to town....so...it will be a free for all. Aunt DeeDee keeps saying something about Calgon, take me away. I dont quite understand that. She needs to be here...after all, whos head will I sleep on if she is away. Feet need to be licked, knees and a neck now and then.
I have to go get the basil out from between my teeth, so have fun and MAMBA ON OH FEARLESS PEEPS!
PS. BRING MY CHILDREN BACK! I MISS THEM!
Love and Licks,
Mozart